Homesick

Back in the States.

It feels like a bad dream. I'm going to wake up. I'm still in Germany. I never got on that flight on that cold Berlin morning that sent me back to the past. I am not $1300+ away from where I belong.

But I'm here. I'm not waking up. This is reality.

Now I have to call upon whatever strength I can find to live in this country and gather my resources so I can get away again, hopefully for the long term. Part of me feels in a panic, that my 20s are shifting quickly through my fingers like sand. But the opportunities available to me are endless. Overwhelming. I want to do it all. I want to study art in schools in Italy. I want to volunteer in Spain and Morocco. I want to teach English in Jordan or Lebanon.

Who says I cannot do everything? Life is meant to be lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment